NOW SEEKING FALL 2017 INTERNS
THE EHRHARDT GROUP INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
“We are not just looking for anyone, but that someone who will succeed.”
— Malcolm Ehrhardt, president of The Ehrhardt Group
The Ehrhardt Group (TEG) is a corporate communications firm that offers clients a full-range of services to help promote and advance their businesses. Founded in 1996, The Ehrhardt Group has successfully advised Fortune 500 corporations, local institutions and public entities in the critical areas of media relations, reputation management, crisis communications and public affairs. In addition, TEG plans and executes press events for the hospitality, tourism and entertainment industries as a part of our strategic plan to garner media interest.
The firm values its internship program. Many of our interns have gone onto great careers in the profession. Some become employees here, while others go on to be our clients and vendors. In all cases, they tell us the experience was extremely valuable.
The purposes of The Ehrhardt Group’s internship program are:
- To provide hands-on experience in the public relations profession;
- To familiarize participants with working in a small business environment; and
- To incorporate participants’ youthful and energetic observations and opinions into real life client projects.
TEG invites collegiate students and graduates to apply for internships each semester. Applicants must at least be in their third year of college and are required to present a resume and cover letter prior to a formal interview. Graduate students are also encouraged to apply. Interns are required to work a minimum of 24 hours a week and are compensated hourly with the option of class credit.
Applicants must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and have an interest in public relations or the news media industry.
Intern job descriptions include but are not limited to:
- Participating in agency brainstorm meetings
- Learning the basics of media pitching
- Meeting key influencers in New Orleans and the surrounding area
- Attending internal account executive and staff meetings
- Drafting press releases
- Drafting media advisories
- Attending press conferences
- Attending client events
- Creating posts for social media
- Conducting research
- Compiling media reports
- Compiling and updating databases/media lists
- Assisting in coordinating events
To apply for an internship at The Ehrhardt Group, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.